Following the release of Quest Engineering’s unique modular power amplifier, the QX-300A, the Melbourne-based pro audio manufacturer has now turned its attention to expanding the QX Series en masse, introducing 4 new power amplifiers to the range.
Offering high-quality power amplification with modern industry features, the QX4150, QX4300, QX4750 and QX41500 are designed around exceptional Class D amplifier performance, providing 4 x 150W, 4 x 300W, 4 x 750W and 4 x 1500W respectively.
Perfect for permanent audio installations requiring small to medium power amplification, the new additions to the series offer genuine flexibility of operation, with multi-channel options across each model, auto load matching LoZ & HiZ (70V or 100V) and standby functionality. Individual High-Pass and Low-Pass filters available on any channel allow for rapid installation.
The QX Series features class leading energy efficiency when units are in standby, with an automatic mute/unmute function enabling reliable activation of the amplifier within 1ms from standby.
The QX4300 and QX41500 offer Low impedance, 70 V or 100 V direct drive on all channels, while the QX4150 and QX4750 offer the ability to bridge channels for 2 and 3 channel operation.
Slav Stepaniak, Head Quest Engineer, notes: “The new QX Series has been engineered around easy deployment of high-quality system designs- allowing for wide degrees of scale, reliability of operation and flexibility. As with the QX-300A, the new QX units are capable of Dante networking- though instead of offering a separate model for integrated Dante, the new QX rackmount models can be fitted with a dedicated expansion card to enable full Dante functionality.”
Designed, Engineered, and Assembled in Australia, the new QX Series is ideally suited to a variety of Pro Audio, AV and installation applications.
- Superior class D technology providing high performance power amplification
- Auto Load Sensing: 4-16 Ohm, 70V – 100V Hi Z
- Energy star compliance, standby power saving mode available per channel (switchable)
- UMAC™ Class-D – full bandwidth PWM modulator with ultra-low distortion
- Dante ™/AES67 inputs available via Dante expansion card
- Short circuit protection, DC protection, Under Voltage protection, Temperature protection, Overload protection and HF protection
- UREC™ universal mains Switch Mode power supply with Power Factor Correction (PFC) and integral standby converter
- 1RU models feature Euroblock-style amplifier I/O connectors
- 2RU models feature XLR and Speakon connectors + Euroblock links
- Euroblock style amplifier I/O connectors
- High Dynamic range incorporating DynamiQ Bass technology®
- Designed, Engineered, and Assembled in Australia