Sound Devices have launched their new Astral Wireless Guitar System, a high-performance implementation of the company’s Astral-series wireless product ecosystem designed specifically for use by guitar and bass players. Sound Devices bring their Astral-series quality and features to live music production.
The A20-TX Smart Guitar Cable and A20-TX Guitar Strap Clip work seamlessly with Sound Devices’ A20-Nexus True-Diversity Wireless Receivers and A20-TX Transmitters to provide the ultimate sonic purity, signal strength, and operating range for a no-compromise wireless experience in any venue. With the Wireless Guitar System, Sound Devices have similarly tuned into the must-haves of guitarists and bassists by focusing on the core needs of sound quality – preserving the tone and feel of their instrument and signal chains alongside rock-solid wireless performance.
The patent-pending A20-TX Smart Guitar Cable is at the core of the Astral Wireless Guitar System and utilizes sophisticated circuitry within the ¼-inch plug to allow for user-adjustable capacitance and impedance to make sure that the guitar’s pickups interact the same way with the wireless transmitter as they would a hard-wired via a length of guitar cable. This keeps the exact sonic character and “feel” of the guitar and amp interaction as compared to any other wireless system… As with all Astral-series products, the Wireless Guitar System also benefits from Sound Devices’ proprietary SpectraBand technology that boasts an industry-leading global tuning range of 169-1525 MHz for compatibility and use anywhere in the world while on tour.
Astral Guitar System Features
- Adjustment of cable capacitance from 0 pF to 1500 pF in 25 pF steps. This corresponds to 1 to 60 feet of typical guitar cable in 1-foot steps.
- Selectable input impedance of 100k, 1M, and 10M ohms, allowing the guitar’s pickup to “see” the same input characteristics as the amplifier.
- An incredible 18V of signal headroom at ¼-inch plug – no unwanted distortion, offering a huge 140dB of dynamic range with any guitar or bass, even super-hot humbuckers and active pickups.
- Ultra-low latency of 1.9ms for excellent feel – especially important for in-ears.
- Adjustment of these parameters from the A20-TX transmitter or remotely from the A20-Nexus receiver.
- 0 dB gain from ¼” input to ¼” output, just like a cable – the amplifier or pedalboard sees your guitar’s output exactly.
- Balanced output from ¼” guitar plug to transmitter input, for the ultimate in noise-rejection without tone or feel changes.
- Two-sided, secure guitar strap clips that prevent the transmitter from loosening or falling off the guitar strap.
- 100% digital modulation, with full 10Hz–20kHz audio bandwidth and ultra-wide 140dB dynamic range.
- Ultra-low-noise circuitry – keeps the signal clean even at the highest gain settings.
- Unrivaled RF range and RF tuning bandwidth (169 MHz – 1525 MHz). The same transmitters and receivers can be used in any country around the world.
- Optional ¼” output interface box with Lundahl isolation transformers, Iso and Direct modes, and ground-lift per channel.