Offering a unique modular approach to high-quality power amplification, Melbourne-based audio solutions company Quest Engineering has introduced a new amplifier design aimed firmly at the installation market. The QX-300A is a two-channel power amplifier featuring an agile 1/3RU form factor (allowing 3 units to be mounted in a 1RU space) and modern industry features.
Based around a custom diecast housing with integrated hybrid thermal dissipation technology, the QX-300A series is a robust 2 x 150W system, with an optional integrated audio networking version also available.
Designed to offer a huge amount of integration flexibility, the QX-300A can be used with a variety of wall and table mount options, or up to 9 units can be mounted in a 3RU configuration, achieving an extremely high power-to-density ratio.
“In 2015, Quest launched the QX-280 Series, aimed at the commercial sound range. Combining a compact design, high performance power, and a semi-modular approach, these amplifiers enabled us to firmly re-establish ourselves in the corporate audio market. To offer a more complete commercial range of amplifiers, and to meet the expectations of audio integrators looking for a practical solution for all types of installations, we customised aspects of the QX-280 and created a fully modular offering in the QX-300 series,” explains Managing Director Mark Ladewig.
Featuring superior UMAC Class-D amplifier technology, the QX-300A is able to deliver unparalleled audiophile-grade specifications for its weight and size, including the highest dynamic range and the lowest distortion performance of any comparable pro audio amplifier.
Slav Stepaniak, Quest Electronics Engineer, notes: “The ‘D’ version of the QX-300 is the first of many Quest amplifiers to feature integrated Dante networking. This allows for convenient deployment of decentralized system designs- ensuring the scalability, flexibility and reliability expected of today’s installations.”
Designed, Engineered, and Assembled in Australia, the QX-300A is perfectly suited to a variety of Pro Audio, AV and Hi-Fi applications.
- High Performance 2 x 150W Power Amplifier
- Auto Load Sensing: 4-16 Ohm, 70V Line (Stereo) 100V Line (Bridged-Mono)
- Energy smart technology (Green Energy Star & ERP 1275/2008/EC compliant)
- UMAC™ Class-D – full bandwidth PWM modulator with ultra-low distortion
- Dante ™/AES67 inputs available* (offered as ‘D’ version)
- Individual volume control, Standby, 80Hz High Pass Filter
- Short circuit protection, DC protection, Under Voltage protection, Temperature protection, Overload protection
- UREC™ universal mains Switch Mode power supply with Power Factor Correction (PFC) and integral standby converter
- Rack-mountable 1RU 1/3 space, wall and table mount options available
- Euroblock style amplifier I/O connectors
- High Dynamic range incorporating DynamiQ Bass technology®
- Designed, Engineered, and Assembled in Australia