Sound Devices have developed an outstanding reputation for sound recordists, location sound and audio professionals who need on-demand high quality recordings. Their mixer-recorder 8-Series and MixPre II have set the benchmark for quality and reliable, portable go anywhere recording power. Sound Devices’ Portable Audio Essentials are designed for high-definition critical field productions, radio, television and film applications.
MP-1 Battery-powered Single Channel Mic Preamplifier
Battery-powered single-channel microphone preamplifier, with 48 V phantom, limiter, and high-pass filter. Powered from 2-AA batteries. Designed for high-definition field production environments, the MP-1 is an ideal studio-quality mic pre for critical radio, television, and film applications. The MP-1 is extremely durable and easy to use. With rugged mechanical and electrical construction and high-quality components, it will provide years of superb audio performance under the most punishing field conditions.
• Superb audio specifications
• 66 dB of gain, in eleven discrete steps
• Transformer-balanced input and output
• Phantom power – 48 volt or 12 volt
• High pass filter @ 80 Hz or 160 Hz, 6 dB/octave
• Limiter makes unit virtually “unclippable”
• High current line output drive
• Excellent immunity to RF interference.
• Battery power (two x AA)
• Durable mechanical construction
MM-1 Battery-powered Single Channel Mic Preamplifier with Headphone Monitoring
Battery-powered microphone preamplifier with headphone monitoring. 48 V phantom and T-power, limiter, high-pass filter. 2-AA or external DC powered. The MM-1 is at home in high-definition television production, corporate/industrial environments, radio/television announce booths, and music production. Its headphone monitor is an advantage in applications where communications channels or mix-minus feeds need to be monitored in headphones. The user can monitor both microphone audio and external audio sources in headphones with level control. The MM-1 is designed to be durable. Its aluminum chassis, oversized end panels, machined knobs, and panel mounted connectors assure reliable mechanical operation.
• Maximum of 66 dB of gain, in eleven discrete steps
• Dynamic range exceeding 120 dB
• 10 Hz to 50 kHz audio bandwidth
• High immunity to RF interference
• High current line output driver
• Transformer-balanced input and output
• Extended range peak limiter via dual opto-isolators makes preamplifier virtually “unclippable”
• Selectable 48-volt / 12-volt phantom power or 12-volt “T” power
• High-pass filter @ 80 or 160 Hz, 6 dB per octave
• Headphone monitoring of microphone audio, monitor audio, or a mix of both
• Monitor input accepts mono, balanced or unbalanced line-level inputs on 1/4-inch tip-ring-sleeve connector
• Separate level control of Monitor gain and overall headphone gain
• Split ear function via DIP switches
• Internal battery power (two-AA)
• Excellent battery life with alkaline and NiMH rechargeable batteries
• External 5-17 VDC powering
• High-strength aluminum chassis with durable belt clip
HX-3 Headphone Distribution Amplifier
The compact HX-3 Headphone Distribution Amplifier is the perfect accessory to quickly provide three high-performance stereo headphone feeds with individual level controls from line-level sources. The HX-3 can produce very high headphone levels with extremely low noise and distortion. The HX-3 accepts balanced XLR line-level inputs or unbalanced 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch stereo inputs. Its 1/4-inch loop-out can connect multiple HX-3’s for additional headphone outputs. Headphones are connected to panel-mounted 1/4-inch stereo connectors. The HX-3 has a durable aluminium chassis to withstand the punishment of field and studio environments. The unit is powered by inexpensive batteries (two-AA) or external 5-18 VDC.
• Three isolated headphone outputs with individual volume controls.
• 125 dB dynamic range with flat frequency response.
• Durable 1/4-inch connectors, panel mounted for strength.
• Stereo or mono monitoring.
• Peak LED indicates headphone overload.
• Two balanced XLR line level inputs or unbalanced 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch stereo inputs.
• Loop Output to connect additional HX-3’s in series.
• All-metal connectors solidly mounted to the chassis for durability and RF immunity.
• Free from “Pin-1” grounding problems.
• Internal battery-power for up to 18 hours from two AA alkaline batteries.
• Chassis-isolated 5 to 18 VDC input for easy external DC powering.
• Power LED indicates low battery power.
• High strength, extruded aluminum chassis with protective metal end panels.
USBPre 2 Two-channel portable high-resolution USB audio interface
Two-channel, portable, high-resolution USB audio interface for Mac OS and Windows. Balanced mic/line analog and coaxial/optical SPDIF I/O, with up to 24 bit/192 kHz resolution. 48V phantom, peak limiters and high-pass filter on microphone inputs. Stand-alone operation allows use as microphone preamplifier and A/D converter. USB bus powered. USBPre 2 includes two discrete-transistor microphone preamps with 24-bit converters and sampling rates up to 192 kHz. These preamplifiers provide the highest performance in any portable interface. Their topology is shared with Sound Devices’ award-winning 744T Digital Audio Recorder. Peak limiters, high-pass filters, and a 15 dB pad provide overload protection. All analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion is performed by the USBPre 2 for superior audio performance. SBPre 2 allows for simple plug-and-play connection to computers running Mac OS, Windows, and Linux. There are no drivers to install for the USBPre 2 and there are no software-only features. All additional controls and settings are available on back panel DIP switches. The USB port also provides power to the unit, both when connected as an audio interface and when used in Stand-Alone operation.
• Extended bandwidth, low-noise microphone preamplifiers with 48 V phantom, limiters, high-pass filters, and 15 dB pad.
• Dynamic range greater than 114 dB (in 24-bit operation).
• Flat 10 Hz to 40 kHz (@96 kHz SR) audio bandwidth with very low distortion characteristics.
• Each input individually selectable between microphone, line, and aux level signals (both channels selected simultaneously for S/PDIF connections).
• Precision, 23-segment, multicolor LED peak/VU meter, selectable between input and output sources.
• High-output headphone amplifier can drive a wide range of headphones.
• Balanced outputs on XLR connectors with dedicated level control can be used to drive line- or mic-level inputs.
• Mix control enables zero-delay monitoring of source audio, computer audio, or a mix of both source and computer audio for multitrack recording or computer telephony.
• Phono (RCA) jacks connect Aux Output to external loudspeakers or preamplifiers.
• Bus powering via USB for convenient, single-cable connection to the computer.
• In Stand-Alone mode the USBPre 2 operates as a microphone preamplifier and analog-to-digital converter.
• Hardware loop-through for test and measurement to send computer audio directly back to an input.
• High-strength extruded aluminum chassis.
• Mac® OS X 10.4+, Windows®XP/Vista/7, and Linux, class-compliant audio device.
• Additional features controlled by hardware DIP switches on the back panel; no software-only features and no control panel.